January 9, 2019
Taken To The Wood-Sched
Well, not literally. Based on some feedback on social media, though, I thought now might be a good time to highlight a new, critical part of the StokerCon™ experience, introduced this year: our online scheduling website, called Sched.
In an effort to improve the planning, implementation, and attendee experience of StokerCon™ conventions, the HWA purchased a subscription to Sched, an event scheduler and agenda building program. When you register for StokerCon™ 2019, you will be required to create a Sched account. Sched even has a mobile app for IOS and Android systems, so you can carry, check, and modify your agenda from your smartphone. (For those wondering—yes, we will still provide a physical agenda. But we are trying to get away from killing trees.)
The Sched site is where you will plan your day-to-day activities. Sign up to attend different panels presentations, lectures, and special events. Keep up to date with any changes or modifications in programming. See who else is attending the same panel you are. You can even leave feedback on the sessions you attended.
An important point: anyone can create a Sched account. However, creating an account does not grant you entry to the convention. Only registered ticketholders will be given a name badge, and you will need that name badge to attend sessions and events. I strongly recommend you not create a Sched account before registering for StokerCon™ 2019. If you do, you may create duplicate accounts.
A few restrictions:
- While you can select to attend any event you wish, some require either a separate ticket or pre-registration.
- If you wish to attend the Bram Stoker Awards® Banquet, you must purchase a separate ticket. (The awards presentation and afterparty are open to all convention attendees.)
- Horror University workshops also require a separate ticket purchase.
- Pitch Sessions, while free, require pre-registration—you cannot simply show up.
- The Mass Author Signing is open to everyone, but if you want to participate as an author, you must register by choosing to attend the event.
- Please check each session you wish to attend. Any restrictions will be listed in the description section.
To log onto the Sched site, type stokercon2019.sched.com into the address bar. No www at the beginning. If you have registered for the convention, you already have a Sched account. The username is your email address. The password is private. If you have forgotten your password, there is a reset function. If you are creating a Sched account from the site, follow the “Create Account” instructions. If you have an account, and you own a smartphone, download the Sched app. This puts your entire convention schedule at your fingertips.
This is a brand new, polished to a shine process for StokerCon™. There will inevitably be the glitches. Please be patient and let us know if you run into trouble by posting your issue on the StokerCon™ Facebook page. We will attend to the issue as soon as possible.
See you in Grand Rapids!